This Sunday is Father’s Day and UMRC would like to take a moment to recognize those special men in our lives. Dads come into our lives in a variety of roles…. either biologically, a step-parent, (aka “bonus Dad”), a grandfather who has been a mentor, an uncle, or family friend. This person is the one who loves you just like any good man would, so hats off to you! You make the world a better place, and us, better humans.
This blog is dedicated to all Dads out there. The men who had significant impact on our lives and shaped us into the people we are today.
So, here’s the short list of reasons why we appreciate you, Dad:
- Teaching us those little life skills: Riding bikes, fixing things, (you know– scrapes and bruises type-stuff) It’s never a dull moment.
- Showing us it’s ok to laugh at ourselves: Nothing heals a broken heart or a bruised body like a good, hearty, laugh. Thanks for making fun of us and remembering to smile when it hurts.
- Strong work ethic: Most Dads I know take great pride in taking care of their families. Showing you how it’s done, what you need to do to get there, and how to be a responsible human.
- Chivalry: Because every boy should know how to treat a woman and every girl should know what it feels like to be cared for and loved.
- Letting us fail: Teaching us that sometimes we fail. The best way to recover is to get back up and try again.
- Quality Time: For selflessly giving us your attention even when you’re busy. Sometimes we just need to know you’re listening.
- Encouragement: Rooting us on at sporting events, when we’re stressing over a big test, or not sure if we should/shouldn’t take that chance. (You believed in us even when we didn’t believe in ourselves)
- Always a Protector: For being our strength. Whether it’s showing us how to protect ourselves from the big bad bullies or sheltering us from harm.
- For your love: We see the pride and love. We love you right back.
- You deserve to hear it. These are only a few short examples of the reasons why we appreciate you, Dad.
Happy Father’s Day!!!!